Sunday, March 4, 2012

New beginnings

It seems like every time my life takes on a new adventure or changes in some small, but significant way, I get the urge to blog. I guess I could have continued my old blog, but to be honest, I'm not in anyway tempted to do so. Why? Because my friends know that address.. and they would read what I would write. Sometimes I like to just stay mildly anonymous. Sure, someone I know may encounter this blog, but that's okay. There's probably only a handful of friends who would. :)

Why am I calling myself a "sometimes single mom"? Well, my dear husband works overnights, two nights during the week and every other weekend. So as grateful as I am to him and the hard work he has to go through to make that moolah, I often feel like a single mother trying to figure out how to make sure my daughter doesn't grow up to be a psycho child.

But enough explanation on WHY I'm starting a new page.. let's go back to that "new adventure" I mentioned in the beginning!

For the past 3 years, my husband and I have been living in the basement of my parents' house. When we had decided to get married, my parents both had extended ICU stays in the hospital, which turned my dad into a triple bypass, dialysis patient (double renal failure). See, as self-centered as I may seem at times, I couldn't just leave them like that. We knew it'd be easier to help them out around the house if we just lived with them. Once my mom was back to work (she's a cancer survivor who relies on a walker for any sort of mobility) and my dad's dialysis routine became more regular, we considered the possibility of moving out, but wanted to save enough money to become stable.

WELL! Now the time has come that we can financially support ourselves.. and fittingly so since we now have our own little family. Enter my lovely 1½ year old daughter. The pride and joy of the entire household. The princess, if you will. Actually, she'd probably much prefer being called the queen, because let's face it: she rules the place. ;)

This will be the first time in my life that I will be on my own. I mean, duh, I'll have my husband and my daughter with me, but you know what I mean. I'm both excited and a bit nervous about the move. There are so many things I won't miss about living in the dark, cold basement, where every movement upstairs can be heard.. but I know the comforts and luxuries of not having bills to pay, or food to cook, will be in my dreams constantly.

Writing has always been a healthy output for me. So, in this lovely introduction to my life and blog, I am properly apologizing for any and all "whining" that may be spit out here and there. I know I'll complain about being married.. being a mother.. living on my own.. EVERYTHING... but just know that in the midst of all that complaining, I'm truly grateful for it all. I'm grateful for being blessed with my little family, the love and support of my BIG family, and all the little moments I get to cherish because of both. But life just can't be perfect all the time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment