Saturday, March 30, 2013

Has it really been a year already?!

We've been living at our lovely apartment for a year now, and I still can't believe how quickly time has flown.. and how much has changed! Life has become quite.. routine now. Work Monday through Friday, with a set schedule that I LOVE!! And the weekends are allotted for specific chores around the house. Sure, it sounds boring, but I love routine. I love all things clean, neat, and orderly. Our apartment has definitely become "home" to us and I absolutely love our little space. Mia has just enough room to run around and put her toys in their own spot (although, let's be real... it mostly ends up all over the living room and my room anyway). I've renewed my addiction to all things paper-crafting, but focusing more on card-making. As much as I love scrapbooking, I've found that card-making has been so much more rewarding - seeing people light up when they open the (also handmade) envelopes makes my day brighter. Since I only just started up again, my creativity juices aren't flowing as well as they used to. Once I get better, I'll start posting all of my projects on here. Fingers crossed that I'll keep this blog up to date as well.. sometimes life gets in the way ;) So look forward to more pictures, and DIY eye candy in the near future ;) And since the weather is finally getting warmer here, I'm looking forward to larger DIY projects, like the coveted high-backed chair I've "inherited" from my MIL - she was going to throw it out because it's been collecting dust. Enter my 1st reupholstery job of 2013 =) Obviously I'll be showing my step-by-step, mistake-by-mistake photo log of the whole process. Few more things I'd like to use this blog for are to organize other goals. Thanks to the growing collection of dies & embossing folders for my cuttlebug, I've gotta update my desk a lot. I'll do before/after posts at one point. I have more photography I'd like to hang up and decorate around the apartment. Should I even attempt a weight-loss progress report? I think we all know where that's gonna go.. literally straight to the hips. :P So with all of that said, Happy Easter everyone =) I've got a lot of baking to do today. Should I include pictures for my next post? ;) Well, duh.

3 comments:

  1. lol. I totally get that routine thing. I feel like Harvey and I have finally got our schedule down. Of course, people tell me that as soon as you think you have your kid on a schedule they'll change it on you.

    I have been making sure to make my bed every morning though, and I feel that starts it on the right note... so believe me, I more than understand the love of routine - even when chores are involved.

    I think it's great that you're paper crafting. i was never creative enough for that, but I did start getting some papers and things for scrapbooking. I might make the effort to use up the rest of what I have, but I know it's just too time consuming and expensive to really pursue it the way I'd like. Good luck to you, though! I'd love to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Joni! I'm super excited for ask the warm weather.. even if I'm stuck inside, having the windows open with a breeze boosts my mood and creativity lol

      I'll be sure to post anything and everything I attempt, fail or otherwise lol

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks Joni! I'm super excited for ask the warm weather.. even if I'm stuck inside, having the windows open with a breeze boosts my mood and creativity lol

      I'll be sure to post anything and everything I attempt, fail or otherwise lol

      Delete